25 May CALL FOR NOMINATIONS OF CANDIDATES TO SERVE ON THE BOARD OF THE EXPORT CREDIT INSURANCE CORPORATION OF SOUTH AFRICA SOC LIMITED (ECIC)
The Minister of Trade, Industry and Competition hereby invites nominations of persons to
appoint as Non-Executive Directors on the Board of the ECIC.
Minimum requirements in respect of the Non-Executive Directors:
The Directors must be suitably qualified to perform the functions of the Export Credit Insurance Agency and should have competency in one or more of the following disciplines
- management accounting;
- project financing;
- project financing underwriting;
- contract law;
- insurance; and such other discipline or profession as is relevant to the business of the company (e.g. human resources, corporate governance, law, etc.).
Term of office of the Members: Non-executive Directors serve a term not exceeding 3 years. Remuneration of Members: Successful candidates will be remunerated according to the rates determined and published by the National Treasury.
Note: Background verification, including criminal record, social media and citizenship checks, will form part of the selection process.The Board, taken as whole, will be constituted to take into account representivity.
NB: The nomination procedure and mandatory forms to be completed are available below.
Applications and nominations must be emailed to: ECICNED@tianaconsulting.co.za
OR posted to The Director, Tiana Business Consulting Services (Pty) Ltd, PO Box
31821, Braamfontein, 2017. The post name must appear in the subject line of the e-mail
OR on the envelope. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted,
and if you have not heard from the dtic within three (3) months of submitting your
application, please consider it unsuccessful.
Enquiries re the position: Desmond Rambau – Tel: 012 394-1217 or email: DRambau@thedtic.gov.za
Enquiries re the application process: Mkhuseleni Mhlanga – Tel: 011 431-1354 or email:
the dtic welcomes nominations of People With Disabilities.
the dtic reserves the right to headhunt candidates.
Closing date: 31 May 2022 at 16:00.
Nominations must be submitted in writing and must include the following information:
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae that includes membership of all boards the nominee currently
- Certified copy of the identity document; and
- Certified copies of qualifications obtained. It is the nominee’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications verified by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- Form 1A
- Form 1B
- Register of Interest Information Sheet
- Criminal Record Declaration
- NVS Consent Form
- Reference Check Form