19 May Request for Nomination of Candidates : Financial Reporting Standards Council
The Minister of Trade, Industry and Competition invites nominations to appoint Members of the Council.
Persons are required in the following categories:
- Four persons registered and practicing as auditors;
- Two persons responsible for preparing financial statements on behalf of public companies;
- Two persons responsible for preparing financial statements for private companies;
- Four persons, who, in their capacity as holders of securities issued by a company, or as creditors of a company, are reasonably expected to rely on financial statements; and
- Two persons knowledgeable in company law.
Term of office of members of the Council:
Members will serve for a term of three years.
Remuneration of Members:
Successful candidates will be remunerated according to the rates determined and published by the National Treasury.
Note: Background verification, including criminal record, social media and citizenship checks, will form part of the selection process. The Council, taken as whole, will be constituted to take into account representivity.
NB: The nomination procedure and mandatory forms to be completed are available below.
Nominations should be submitted to the Department of Trade, Industry and Competition in writing for the attention of: Ms Nobuhle Makuni, Assistant Director: Commercial Law and Policy; Consumer and Corporate Regulation Branch; Block B, First Floor OR Department of Trade, Industry and Competition 77 Meintjies Street; Private Bag X84; Sunnyside; Pretoria 001. OR Emailed to: FRSC@thedtic.gov.za. (NB. Your name must appear on the subject line of your email).
Enquiries: Ms Nobuhle Makuni – Tel: (012) 394 1838 or email: email@example.com.
the dtic welcome nominations of People With Disabilities.
the dtic reserves the right to headhunt candidates.
Closing Date: 31 May 2022 at 16:00.
Nominations must be submitted in writing and must include the following information:
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae that includes membership of all boards the nominee currently serves on;
- Certified copy of the identity document; and
- Certified copies of qualifications obtained. It is the nominee’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications verified by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- Form 1A
- Form 1B
- Register of Interest Information Sheet
- Criminal Record Declaration
- NVS Consent Form
- Reference Check Form