26 Sep Our objective is to nurture your career path
The Human Capital division at the IDC has a singular ambition: to attract top talent, build on their potential, and retain staff, all done under the banner of one of the country’s top employers.
We believe that IDC’s people truly are the heart of the business because a strong, committed and enabled workforce allows the corporation to perform optimally. We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing this valuable resource in order to build a stronger, more efficient organisation.
We do this by taking ownership of people processes in the IDC, which includes advising, facilitating and supporting our internal clients with the management and development of their talent.
As an employer of choice, our Human Capital division has a strong focus on:
- Effective talent management
- Learning and development
- Corporate, team and employee performance management
- Leadership development
- Healthy work environment
- Career opportunities and management
- Employment equity and transformation
- Knowledge retention and management
In meeting these objectives, the division has encapsulated our vision: “To create an enabling environment where people thrive, partnerships prevail and performance excels”.
For the IDC to function optimally, it depends on a strong, motivated and highly skilled team. And this is where the Human Capital division delivers. We operate in the end-to-end people value chain. Our objectives are to enable the IDC to deliver on its mandate, which it does by:
- Acquiring talent: Effective resourcing and ensuring the appropriate and effective capacitation of the business;
- Managing talent: enabling leaders to effectively drive and own the management of their talent;
- Developing talent and leadership capability: ensuring all staff are skilled with the required capabilities and competencies to deliver now and in the future; and
- Retaining talent: improving the retention of talent in our business by reducing levels of staff turnover.
In addition, our Human Capital division aims to increase the IDC’s unique organisational capability by training operational staff, drive knowledge sharing, recruiting and developing the talent pipeline of dealmakers and project developers.
Ultimately, our division is tasked with creating an enabling workplace environment – where you can grow professionally supported by high performance culture and work-life balance.